It can be difficult for businesses to determine exactly how much they spend on document printing. For most companies, there's not enough time to commit to managing their print environment in-house, and the process would likely be cost-prohibitive.
Why Managed Print Services Matters
It may be easier to ignore the problem of an unquantified print spend, but doing so can be hard on the bottom line. Here are a few sobering facts:
- Print spend encompasses more than just paper and toner. Imaging equipment purchases, outsourced printing, helpdesk support, and maintenance are all an additional part of the costs involved.
- The average organization spends nearly 3% of revenues on document printing.
- For each dollar spent to print a document, another $9 is required for infrastructure and print management.
- A company with 30 employees can expect to spend upwards of $150,000 per year on document printing.
A Proven Printing Solution
Ninety percent of business owners are unaware of their annual print spend; a fact which should serve to underscore the difficulty of in-house print management. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Fortunately, you don't have to.
By outsourcing print infrastructure to expert Print Management Services, businesses can expect to reduce overall printing costs by as much as 30 percent. For a company with 30 staff members, that's a hefty savings of around $45,000 annually.
Here's how Print Management Services works:
- An initial assessment of your print environment helps to pinpoint wasteful printing habits and behavior.
- Ongoing tracking and monitoring keeps costs as low as possible.
- One monthly cost-per-page invoice for all print-related spending simplifies budgeting.
- Automated supply reordering means you'll get the best price while eliminating your need to keep costly inventories on hand.
- Fleet right sizing and optimization means less downtime, less energy usage, and improved productivity and efficiency across your organization.
To learn more ways Managed Print Services can help your organization save money and increase productivity, contact us at SumnerOne today!
Originally published December 10, 2016, updated July 31, 2018