Did you read our recent blog update? Sunday, March 31st, was World Backup Day! Our IT expert, Randy Moore, headed off to The Big 550 KTRS studio to spread the word about the important technology event. Just in case you forgot to back up your data on Sunday, it's never too late. Our Tech Talk recap is coming to you with a reminder on why saving your data and checking in on it is so essential year round.
Backing Up Data is Simple and Effective
Properly archiving your data is important at work and at home. Imagine spending all week working on a presentation only for the backup to fail, and it is gone forever or lose the video of your child taking their first steps because you forgot to sync your phone to the cloud properly. Both scenarios are equally terrible, but completely avoidable if you have the proper plan in place. Below are a few tips on how end users can create a proactive backup plan for themselves for professional and personal use.
- Keep your files organized. Develop a method on how you host your files on your devices so you will always have a clear understanding of where your data belongs.
- Decide which files and documents you can and can't live without if something were to happen. This will also give you the opportunity to clean any clutter out of your files and tidy things up to only keeping what is important to you.
- Create a local and office backup solution. This is an excellent option for businesses when it comes to saving data properly. Having all of your data onsite to be easily retrieved and having it offsite in case something were to ever happen to your office. A great option for practicing this at home would be to have your information stored adequately at home and backing data up to the cloud.
- Set up an automated process for saving your data, but still set reminders to check in. Ideally, after you've automated the backup process, it should work correctly, but sometimes errors happen. World Backup Day serves as a great reminder, but it never hurts to check and make sure the process in place is working seamlessly.
- Properly storing and saving data can be easy. Having your important files and documents backed up will end up saving you time and heartache in the long run. Don't get caught off guard and end up losing the data that keeps your business running or you hold dear to your heart.
Tech Talk Presented by SumnerOne
Every Friday afternoon at 4:20, you can find one of our SumnerOne IT Experts on The Big 550 KTRS for the Guy Phillips Show! Technology is constantly changing, and the Experts bring their A-game when the time comes for Tech Talk each week. If you would like to learn more about SumnerOne and how we work, contact us.