Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Systems enable organizations to save time and money by efficiently managing documents and information. By digitizing paper documents and automating document-driven processes, the right people get access to the correct information at the right time, simply and securely.
Enterprise Content Management systems are used to manage the following processes:
- Document Capture – The process of importing all your information into a digital repository.
- Secure Document Storage - Easily store business-critical documents in a digital repository, and instantly view or make edits to them.
- Full-Text Search & Retrieval - Instantly find documents by identifying specific words or phrases within their text, metadata, annotations, and entry names.
- Collaboration - What happens when teams have access to the information they need? They work together better and more work gets completed. Built-in collaboration tools let people edit, update, and approve versions as they go – no more exchanging emails and waiting for approvals.
- Automation of Business Processes - Easily diagram the steps of a business process and automatically route documents to the right people at the right time.
- Granular Document Security - Take control of information across the enterprise by restricting access to folders, documents, electronic files, fields, annotations, and other granular document properties.
- Digitally Capture, Route, and Approve Forms - Replace paper forms with electronic forms to capture information and share it across the organization digitally.
- Compliance - Are you always focused on privacy – like HIPAA or FACTA – or information management like SOX? ECM systems have the controls you need – and deliver reports that make audits a breeze.
Gartner estimates that implementing an ECM system can result in savings of up to 40% on hard document-related costs. Laserfiche estimates that firms spend up to 20% less time filing and retrieving documents. One IDC study showed a five-year return on investment of 404% for ECM systems.
SumnerOne offers a variety of enterprise content management software from multiple leading, best-in-class brands. If you’d like to learn more and explore whether an ECM solution could help your organization, please contact us today.